About Our Preschool Program
Preschoolers are more independent and begin to focus more on their surroundings. They will ask about and want to explore the things around them even more. They will also become more curious about other adults and children outside of their family. Their interactions with family, teachers, friends and others around them will help to shape their personality and their own ways of thinking and moving. Their teachers will guide them in their explorations and continuously feed their growing curiousity. Our program focuses on the developmental categories listed below. Some example milestones for each category have been provided as well.
Our preschoolers witnessing "Ben Ben" emerging from his chrysalis and cheering him on as he takes flight for his part of the journey to Mexico (be sure you turn up the volume, the reactions of the children are priceless):
Amazing reactions from our students as they watch the birth of the mariposa!
Posted by Mariposa Learning Center, Inc. on Friday, August 2, 2019
3-4 Years of Age
- Social and Emotional
- Is more and more creative with make-believe play
- Talks about what he/she likes and what he/she is interested in
- Can say first and last name
- Sings a song or says a poem from memory such as the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” or the “Wheels on the Bus”
- Names some colors and some numbers
- Understands the idea of “same” and “different”
- Catches a bounced ball most of the time
- Pours, cuts with supervision, and mashes own food